In this course, attendees learn how to use Jira and Confluence together in ways that enable teams to manage projects seamlessly across the two applications.
Learn to use Confluence to define product requirements, create Jira epics, stories, and issues and link them directly to the product requirements without ever leaving Confluence. Learn how to use Jira reporting to create dashboards that keep your team informed on project progress and status. The course is based on a scenario which demonstrates how to manage a project, from inception to completion of a sprint, using Jira, Jira Software and Confluence (agile experience is not necessary). Note that this course is not about integrating Confluence and Jira from a system administration context.
Duration: 3.5 hours
After attending this course, attendees should be able to:
- Use Jira and Confluence to manage the development process
- Manage tasks and projects using applications that they are familiar with
- Provide project-level reporting on tasks across applications
- Ensure that each member of the team is in touch with the development process and can work efficiently on tasks
Project managers, business analysts and developers, Jira and Confluence application administrators, Jira and Confluence users.
Jira Essentials and Getting Started with Confluence or equivalent
- General project admin: versions, components, screens
- Fields and field-itis
- Basic workflow
- Moving issues to a new project
- Project admin tools including helper interfaces
Set up requirements
Students use an individual virtual lab machine for hands-on exercises. This requires access to a fast broadband Internet connection with a capable computer.
Please review our technical FAQ sections page here.